Saturday, November 5, 2011

First Post

I'm only doing this so that anyone who is cool enough to have come here from the Celtic Pumpkin will not feel it was a wasted trip.
Ahhh, Christmas.  Along with Halloween could we ask for a more pagan holiday?
What?
You don't think it is pagan?
A holiday where you bring a tree into your house to symbolize the eternal life through the winter of death, give it presents, and then hope some bearded formerly Nordic god comes to your house with gifts for you and that's not pagan?
Yeah.
So I have several Christmas traditions to get into as the season approaches.  I do them every year.  Reading Dickens's A Christmas Carol and Pratchett's Hogfather are two of them.
Also, fruitcake, which is reviled by my dear wife, Frau Punkinstein, but beloved by me.
But I'm getting ahead of myself.  It's not even December yet...

2 comments: